About the Role
The ¡Gradúate! Success Coach will provide academic, career and individual coaching to students participating in the ¡Gradúate! Program by planning, coordinating, and implementing day-to-day operations and program activities. The program provides in-school services during the day and after-school activities for students as well as workshops for parents. The program’s main goals are to increase students’ attendance, academic achievement, graduation rates, and families’ involvement in their children’s education. The Coach will report to the NCSHP Programs Manager and collaborate with other coaches in the program. This position is a contract position based at one or more Wake County High Schools covered under this program.
Who you are:
- Mission-Aligned: You are passionate about coaching and providing access to educational opportunities and resources for Hispanic youth and their families.
- Detail Oriented and Data-Driven: You have strong organizational and project management skills. Can prioritize activities, deliver on assigned tasks in a timely fashion; you are data-driven and meticulous with attention to detail.
- Natural Relationship Builder: People are drawn to you, and you have a special capacity to successfully build new relationships, steward existing relationships with school staff and administrators, ¡Gradúate! Program students and with their families. You are a team player that collaborates and builds professional relationships with the other ¡Gradúate! Coaches and the NCSHP leadership.
- Confident and Innovative: You bring fresh, new ideas and are comfortable contributing meaningful insights and strategies.
This position will plan and implement the day-to-day functions and activities of the ¡Gradúate! Program. Specific job responsibilities include, among others:
- Promote the program via introductory meetings at schools and networking with community partners.
- Provide academic, career and personal coaching to students in the program.
- Coordinate, implement, facilitate, and supervise After-School sessions.
- Coordinate and supervise the day-to-day interaction of mentors and volunteers with ¡Gradúate! students.
- Coordinate and support workshops for parents.
- Coordinate and facilitate weekly activities and bi-monthly mentoring opportunities.
- Prepare the individual meetings and follow up with parents and students via phone or text
- Provide program progress feedback to the Program Manager.
- Collect evaluation data for the program.
- Maintain records of services/activities provided.
- Provide Mid and End of Year Reports; and
- Other duties as assigned
Work Location: Cary H.S., Millbrook H.S., Southeast Raleigh Magnet H.S., and Wake STEM Early College High School in Wake County.
Hourly Salary: $20/ hr. Mileage & related expenses are reimbursed.
Employment Status: Contractor. Contingent on pending funding approval and background check from WCPSS.
Hours: 35-40 hours per week - Flexible day and evening hours.
Dates of Contract: October 2022 – June 2023.
Probationary Period: 60 days
Bachelor's degree in Education, Counseling, Social Work, or a related field.
One or more years of experience in education.
Minimum three years of experience working with Hispanic youth in an educational setting.
Experience addressing social determinants of minority, and low-income students.
Commitment and sensitivity to the educational needs of Hispanic students in NC.
Demonstrated skills in academic, personal, and career counseling.
Ability to multitask, work independently and collaboratively, and meet deadlines
Computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and e-mail.
Knowledgeable about NC High School graduation and college access requirements.
Bilingual/bicultural, English, and Spanish. Excellent communication skills in both languages.